Character Playbook: Building Healthy Relationships
The National Medal of Honor Griffin Institute has sponsored three new videos which are integrated throughout the Character Playbook: Building Healthy Relationships course. The videos, designed to help guide students' decision-making and choices, focus on the Medal of Honor values of courage, commitment, and integrity. The three videos use true-to-life scenarios and the skills learned in the digital lessons to encourage and inspire students to answer the questions: What values are important to me? What choices do I want to make even when no one is watching and especially when it is difficult? Classroom extension activities include inspirational stories with worksheets about Medal of Honor Recipients Patrick Brady, Roy Benavidez, and Melvin Morris.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Skills & Strategies For Facing Middle School’s Toughest Challenges
In partnership with EVERFI, the nation’s leading skills development program, Character Playbook teaches students critical skills that support their success in both school and life. Using module based experiential learning, Character Playbook supports students in exploring the fundamentals of communication and healthy relationships.
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Decision Making
Character PlaybookTM is available in participating NFL team and local United Way markets at no cost to schools.
- Grade Level: 6th-9th
- Recommended Class Fit: Social Studies, English, Health,
- Advisory Course Time: 5* Digital Lessons (20 min.–30 min. each), with optional offline lessons available
- As a teacher, you will receive:
- Training resources and available one-on-one assistance
- Real-time student scores on a personal teacher dashboard
- Curriculum Guide with a detailed course outline
- Supplemental lesson plans
- Alignment guide with your state-specific standards
- Answer key for all course assessments
- Discussion guides
* Two lessons coming soon!
© 2023 NFL Enterprises LLC. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC.